GRP flat roofing Prose and cons
- Now easily available in DIY shops
- Good and strong
- Tested over many ears to perform
- Comes in any colour
- Can be formed into any shape
- Will hold standing water
- Very rigid and brittle if laid to thin
- Has to be laid by experienced people
- Has to be built up to form a good surface and this takes time and materials
- Weather and temperature dependable
Other options to consider
- 3M SD650
All three are based on the principles of GRP resins and glass fiber but they have been modified to be flexible.
If the GRP roof is laid correctly and to the correct depth they are good roofs however I only ever see well laid GRP roofs when Im down the coats these are normally laid by boat builders and are formed from may layers of GRP, forming a good strong shell.
If you have lots of money and want a really nice looking roof then GRP is the way to go.
- Parapet wall and flat roof before and after (epdm-rubber-roofing.co.uk)
- How to price a new flat roof (epdm-rubber-roofing.co.uk)
- SD650 new flat roofing system from 3M (epdm-rubber-roofing.co.uk)